Subject: [sup-talk] Documentation of the heliotrope API

From: Matthieu Rakotojaona <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 30 May 2012 22:35:46 +0200

Hello everyone,

While browsing the interwebs, I realized that many people are also
tired of the cumbersomeness of the IMAP protocol, and a few of them
has started some work on implementing what they would love to see. For
instance, you can find a thread talking about it in [0] which links to
a few other thoughts. What is interesting is that many people have the
same approach to use JSON-over-HTTP in a RESTful manner. I think each
of these implementations' problem is the same: they lack visibility to
gather improvements.

Seeing this, I thought that to give Heliotrope a little more
visibility, we should improve the documentation a little bit. I have
started [1] by the first step: the API. Feel free to comment back on
this, or fork/edit the pages yourself.

Cheers,

-- 
Matthieu RAKOTOJAONA

[0] http://blog.gaborcselle.com/2010/02/how-to-replace-imap.html
[1] https://github.com/rakoo/heliotrope/wiki/A-brief-overview-of-the-heliotrope-api
_______________________________________________
sup-talk mailing list
[email-masked]
http://rubyforge.org/mailman/listinfo/sup-talk