Subject: [sup-devel] [issue76] undefined method `new_field' for Ncurses::Form:Module

From: anonymous <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 10 Mar 2010 14:52:46 +0000

New submission from anonymous:

Hi have no clue whether ruby and/or sup is installed correctly at all -- I am
not familiar with ruby and gem and stuff.

What I did is:

- I am on SuSE 11.1
- I have no admin rights here, thus I did the following to install sup from gem:

gem ins -r rake --install-dir /home/epple/.gem/ruby/1.8
gem ins -r sup --install-dir /home/epple/.gem/ruby/1.8
gem ins -r ncursesw --install-dir /home/epple/.gem/ruby/1.8

Then, I can invoke and run sup. (Looks promising.) When I then press "l" to add
labels to a message, sup quits and prints the following:

[Mi Mär 10 15:47:39 +0100 2010] ERROR: oh crap, an exception
----------------------------------------------------------------
I'm very sorry. It seems that an error occurred in Sup. Please
accept my sincere apologies. Please submit the contents of
/home/epple/.sup/exception-log.txt and a brief report of the
circumstances to http://masanjin.net/sup-bugs/ so that I might
address this problem. Thank you!

Sincerely,
William
----------------------------------------------------------------
--- NoMethodError from thread: main
undefined method `new_field' for Ncurses::Form:Module
/home/epple/.gem/ruby/1.8/gems/sup-0.11/lib/sup/textfield.rb:36:in `activate'
/home/epple/.gem/ruby/1.8/gems/sup-0.11/lib/sup/buffer.rb:575:in `ask'
/home/epple/.gem/ruby/1.8/gems/sup-0.11/lib/sup/buffer.rb:31:in `synchronize'
/home/epple/.gem/ruby/1.8/gems/sup-0.11/lib/sup/buffer.rb:31:in `sync'
/home/epple/.gem/ruby/1.8/gems/sup-0.11/lib/sup/buffer.rb:574:in `ask'
/home/epple/.gem/ruby/1.8/gems/sup-0.11/lib/sup/buffer.rb:463:in
`ask_many_with_completions'
/home/epple/.gem/ruby/1.8/gems/sup-0.11/lib/sup/buffer.rb:532:in `ask_for_labels'
/home/epple/.gem/ruby/1.8/gems/sup-0.11/lib/sup/util.rb:570:in `send'
/home/epple/.gem/ruby/1.8/gems/sup-0.11/lib/sup/util.rb:570:in `method_missing'
/home/epple/.gem/ruby/1.8/gems/sup-0.11/lib/sup/modes/thread-index-mode.rb:545:in `edit_labels'
/home/epple/.gem/ruby/1.8/gems/sup-0.11/lib/sup/mode.rb:59:in `send'
/home/epple/.gem/ruby/1.8/gems/sup-0.11/lib/sup/mode.rb:59:in `handle_input'
/home/epple/.gem/ruby/1.8/gems/sup-0.11/lib/sup/buffer.rb:279:in `handle_input'
/home/epple/.gem/ruby/1.8/gems/sup-0.11/bin/sup:279
/home/epple/.gem/ruby/1.8/bin/sup:19:in `load'
/home/epple/.gem/ruby/1.8/bin/sup:19

----------
messages: 190
nosy: anonymous
priority: bug
ruby_version: ruby 1.8.7 (2008-08-11 patchlevel 72) [x86_64-linux]
status: unread
sup_version: 0.11
title: undefined method `new_field' for Ncurses::Form:Module

_________________________________________
Sup issue tracker <[email-masked]>
<http://masanjin.net/sup-bugs/issue76>
_________________________________________
_______________________________________________
Sup-devel mailing list
[email-masked]
http://rubyforge.org/mailman/listinfo/sup-devel