Subject: [sup-devel] state of maildir-sync branch?

From: Ali Lown <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 15 Nov 2010 19:29:22 +0000

What happened to this branch, because it hasn't been worked on since July, but doesn't appear to have been merged into master/next.
Does anyone know what else needs to be done to get it suitable for merging (besides a git rebase)?
-Ali

_______________________________________________
Sup-devel mailing list
[email-masked]
http://rubyforge.org/mailman/listinfo/sup-devel

---

From: Damien Leone <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 16 Nov 2010 15:30:14 +0100

Hello,

I would say that the work is almost done, I still have things on my
todo list which are:

- Merge the replied/forwarded tag at the first synchronisation back to
  the IMAP so no information is lost

- There is still some work to do on the Polling#do_poll function
  because the way it is in the branch is too hackish

- Allow to move an email from a maildir to another

- Put a special flag or file for the first time you run sup with the
  branch so you get asked if you want to sync everything now

Beside that I have been running the branch for months without issue,
just a little bug that might be related to the point 2 of the list.

I often rebase the branch to master so it stays up to date, you can
find this on my repository [0] in the maildir-sync-master branch. The
damien branch is the same with extra patches I made months ago that
have not been reviewed.

Cheers,

[0] : http://git.fensalir.fr/?p=dleone/sup.git;a=summary

-- 
Damien Leone <[email-masked]>

Web: http://dleone.fensalir.fr/
GPG: 0x82EB4DDF
_______________________________________________
Sup-devel mailing list
[email-masked]
http://rubyforge.org/mailman/listinfo/sup-devel

---

From: Rich Lane <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 15 Nov 2010 15:52:59 -0500

> Does anyone know what else needs to be done to get it suitable for merging (besides a git rebase)?

I'll take a look.

---

From: Alvaro Herrera <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 18 Nov 2010 11:50:48 -0300

Excerpts from Damien Leone's message of jue nov 18 09:30:24 -0300 2010:
> Hi,
> 
> Excerpts from Alvaro Herrera's message of mar. nov. 16 16:35:32 +0100 2010:
> > Somewhat related: I'd like to have a display of which source(s) a
> > message belongs to, in the header widget.  I have no idea how to
> > implement this though.  Any pointers?
> 
> If I remember correctly you can retrieve the source informations of a
> mail by its "locations" attribute in the Message class.
> 
> A Location is a class which has a "source" attribute that can be
> Maildir or Mbox and an "info" attribute that holds the filename on the
> disk.

Ah, great, thanks.

-- 
Álvaro Herrera <[email-masked]>
_______________________________________________
Sup-devel mailing list
[email-masked]
http://rubyforge.org/mailman/listinfo/sup-devel

---

From: Damien Leone <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 18 Nov 2010 13:30:24 +0100

Hi,

---

From: Alvaro Herrera <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 16 Nov 2010 12:35:32 -0300