Subject: [sup-talk] Preparing for sup 0.13

From: Hamish D <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 16 Oct 2011 13:09:41 +0100

I've merged the next branch into master in preparation for releasing
sup 0.13. So this is a call for people to try it out and report any
problems they have before we push it out the door. For basic details
about running from git see
http://sup.rubyforge.org/wiki/wiki.pl?Running_From_Git

The major changes since sup 0.12 are:

* crypto stuff rewritten to use the gpgme library, leading to smoother
operations with encrypted email.
* add an option for whether sent mail is archived
* added an account selector when composing email for those who have
multiple possible from addresses
* added an asynchronous edit mode - this allows you to carry on using
sup while composing a message in an external editor

along with various bug fixes large and small.

I'm hoping we can push out 0.13 in November.

Hamish
_______________________________________________
sup-talk mailing list
[email-masked]
http://rubyforge.org/mailman/listinfo/sup-talk

---

From: Mark Alexander <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 20 Oct 2011 09:18:01 -0400

Excerpts from Mark Alexander's message of Wed Oct 19 10:31:29 -0400 2011:
> Excerpts from Hamish D's message of Sun Oct 16 08:09:41 -0400 2011:
> I'm having a problem with this feature, too.
> 
> I have two main email accounts, one for personal email and one for
> work email.  My before-edit.rb hook figures out which account to use
> as the sender (the "From" header) by looking at the recipients (the
> "To" header).  This worked with sup 0.12, but with 0.13 the sender is
> changed back to the default as soon as I exit the editor.

I'm trying out the attached fix, and so far it seems to work.
it simply moves the calling of the before-edit hook before
the creation of the account selector.
_______________________________________________
Sup-devel mailing list
[email-masked]
http://rubyforge.org/mailman/listinfo/sup-devel

---

From: Hamish D <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 18 Oct 2011 18:58:40 +0100

On 18 October 2011 14:46, Mark Alexander <[email-masked]> wrote:
> I'm not having much luck with this feature.  I was able to write an
> async-edit hook that spawned my editor in a separate gnome-terminal
> window.  But when I exited async-edit mode, sup started responding to
> keystrokes weirdly.  I tried to discard the message I had just
> composed using 'x', so sup asked if I wanted to discard the message,
> and when I hit 'y', it sent the message instead of discarding it.
> After that, sup behaved as if every other keystroke was being
> discarded, and I had to quit and restart.

Could you email me your hook so I can check if there is anything in it
that might cause trouble? I've used the mode myself a bit and not hit
that issue.

I guess it's not really a regression as the feature didn't exist in
sup 0.12, but would still be good to sort it out ...

Hamish

---

From: Mark Alexander <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 19 Oct 2011 10:31:29 -0400

I see that Sascha Silbe said something about this seven months ago:

> This one would possibly break my workflow. My From address is chosen in
> the before-edit hook based on the set of recipients. Since you only
> call before-edit once with headers_full as headers, whatever From
> address gets chosen for the initial reply mode will "stick".

Here's the sanitized before-edit.rb hook, in case that helps:

unless header["In-reply-to"]
  if header["To"] =~ /widgets/
    to = header["To"]
    info "Sending as widgets, to = #{to}"
    header["From"] = "Mark Alexander <[email-masked]>"
  else
    to = header["To"]
    info "Sending as pobox, to = #{to}"
    header["From"] = "Mark Alexander <[email-masked]>"
  end
end
_______________________________________________
Sup-devel mailing list
[email-masked]
http://rubyforge.org/mailman/listinfo/sup-devel

---

From: Mark Alexander <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 18 Oct 2011 09:46:27 -0400

Other than that, things look good.
_______________________________________________
Sup-devel mailing list
[email-masked]
http://rubyforge.org/mailman/listinfo/sup-devel