Subject: [sup-devel] Slow Sup: Drawing speed depends on window height?

From: Gregor Hoffleit <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 19 Apr 2010 17:48:09 +0200

My Sup window is about 60 lines high. Interacting with Sup feels slow,
even simple actions like tagging/untagging threads ('t') in the Inbox.

Only recently I noticed that interaction speed is much better in a
smaller terminal window (in the sense of less lines, the width seems to
be no issue).

To reproduce: A simple benchmark is to tag the first 10 threads of the
page. In a terminal window with 60 lines, I type ten "t"'s and then can
wait for several seconds, watchin the cursor move down line be line.
In a terminal with 20 lines, the cursor moves almost the same speed as I
type.

FWIW, I'm running the next branch on a Debian lenny system, with
packages ruby1.8 (1.8.7.174-2), libncurses-ruby1.8 (1.2.3-0.2) etc.pp.

Regards,
    Gregor
_______________________________________________
Sup-devel mailing list
[email-masked]
http://rubyforge.org/mailman/listinfo/sup-devel