Subject: [sup-devel] Improved GPG start up checks

From: Hamish D <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2011 00:57:55 +0000

Better gpg error checking.

    The crypto initialize code now checks for a number of common reasons
    for GPG not working, all related to the gpg-agent side of things. It
    will then give a reasonably friendly error message, helping diagnose
    why GPG is not working for you.

    In particular it will check whether the environment variable is set,
    whether the environment variable points to a file, and whether that
    file is a socket.

On branch gpgme and next. Though this change also merged the improved
rescue of NameError from the master branch to the gpgme branch, and
the improved rescue was already on the next branch, so a quick manual
merge was required to merge into next, and will presumably also be
required to merge the gpgme stuff into master. I should probably start
a new branch for further gpg improvements to save trouble down the
road.

Let me know if you want me to pick out commits for cherry-pick to get past this.

Hamish Downer
_______________________________________________
Sup-devel mailing list
[email-masked]
http://rubyforge.org/mailman/listinfo/sup-devel