Subject: Re: [sup-devel] [issue95] incompatible encoding regexp match (ASCII-8BIT regexp with UTF-8 string)

From: Gaute Hope <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 21 Apr 2010 15:24:55 +0200

Excerpts from anonymous's message of 2010-04-21 15:03:27 +0200:
> 
> New submission from anonymous:
> 
> sup crashes when I try to autocomplete a contact that contains umlauts

this is probably related to: http://masanjin.net/sup-bugs/issue36

- gaute

---

From: anonymous <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 21 Apr 2010 13:03:27 +0000

a ~$ cat .sup/exception-log.txt 
--- Encoding::CompatibilityError from thread: main
incompatible encoding regexp match (ASCII-8BIT regexp with UTF-8 string)
/usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.9.1/gems/sup-0.11/lib/sup/buffer.rb:483:in `block (2 
levels) in ask_many_emails_with_completions'
/usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.9.1/gems/sup-0.11/lib/sup/buffer.rb:483:in `select'
/usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.9.1/gems/sup-0.11/lib/sup/buffer.rb:483:in `block in 
ask_many_emails_with_completions'
/usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.9.1/gems/sup-0.11/lib/sup/textfield.rb:79:in `call'
/usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.9.1/gems/sup-0.11/lib/sup/textfield.rb:79:in `handle_input'
/usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.9.1/gems/sup-0.11/lib/sup/buffer.rb:585:in `ask'
/usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.9.1/gems/sup-0.11/lib/sup/buffer.rb:479:in 
`ask_many_emails_with_completions'
/usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.9.1/gems/sup-0.11/lib/sup/util.rb:570:in `method_missing'
/usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.9.1/gems/sup-0.11/lib/sup/buffer.rb:555:in 
`ask_for_contacts'
/usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.9.1/gems/sup-0.11/lib/sup/util.rb:570:in `method_missing'
/usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.9.1/gems/sup-0.11/lib/sup/modes/compose-mode.rb:24:in 
`spawn_nicely'
/usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.9.1/gems/sup-0.11/bin/sup:330:in `<module:Redwood>'
/usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.9.1/gems/sup-0.11/bin/sup:68:in `<top (required)>'
/usr/bin/sup:19:in `load'
/usr/bin/sup:19:in `<main>'

----------
messages: 219
nosy: anonymous
priority: bug
ruby_version: ruby 1.9.1p378 (2010-01-10 revision 26273) [i686-linux]
status: unread
sup_version: 0.11
title: incompatible encoding regexp match (ASCII-8BIT regexp with UTF-8 string)

_________________________________________
Sup issue tracker <[email-masked]>
<http://masanjin.net/sup-bugs/issue95>
_________________________________________
_______________________________________________
Sup-devel mailing list
[email-masked]
http://rubyforge.org/mailman/listinfo/sup-devel