Subject: new wide char input routine: Fwd: ANN: ncurses-5.9-20131207

From: Gaute Hope <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 08 Dec 2013 13:44:29 +0100

Hi,

latest ncurses patch level now includes a form_driver_w routine for
inputting wide chars (this has not been working on Mac OS X). Together
with this patch for ncursesw-ruby [0] and this for sup [1] (by Paweł
Wilk) the new form_driver_w routine is used and wide char (utf-8, etc)
should work on Mac OS X platforms as well, the sup patch is fairly
extensive and it would be great if someone has the chance to test it (it
should work seamlessly between versions of ncurses with or without
form_driver_w).

[0] https://github.com/sup-heliotrope/ncursesw-ruby/pull/12
[1] https://github.com/sup-heliotrope/sup/pull/183

Cheers, Gaute

--- Begin forwarded message from Thomas Dickey ---
From: Thomas Dickey <[email-masked]>
To: Ncurses Mailing List <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 08 Dec 2013 03:03:16 +0100
Subject: ANN: ncurses-5.9-20131207

Files:
    ftp://invisible-island.net/AdaCurses/current/AdaCurses-20131207.tgz
    ftp://invisible-island.net/AdaCurses/current/AdaCurses-20131207.tgz.asc
    ftp://invisible-island.net/AdaCurses/current/AdaCurses-small-20131207.tgz
    ftp://invisible-island.net/AdaCurses/current/AdaCurses-small-20131207.tgz.asc
    ftp://invisible-island.net/ncurses-examples/current/ncurses-examples-20131207.tgz
    ftp://invisible-island.net/ncurses-examples/current/ncurses-examples-20131207.tgz.asc
    ftp://invisible-island.net/ncurses/5.9/MD5sums
    ftp://invisible-island.net/ncurses/5.9/dev-patches.zip
    ftp://invisible-island.net/ncurses/5.9/ncurses-5.9-20131207.patch.gz
    ftp://invisible-island.net/ncurses/5.9/ncurses-5.9-20131207.patch.gz.asc
    ftp://invisible-island.net/ncurses/current/ncurses-5.9-20131207.tgz
    ftp://invisible-island.net/ncurses/current/ncurses-5.9-20131207.tgz.asc
    ftp://invisible-island.net/ncurses/win32/mingw32-20131207.zip
    ftp://invisible-island.net/ncurses/win32/mingw64-20131207.zip

 ncurses 5.9 - patch  - Thomas E. Dickey

 ------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 Ncurses 5.9 is at
     ftp.gnu.org:/pub/gnu

 Patches for ncurses 5.9 are in the subdirectory
     ftp://invisible-island.net/ncurses/5.9

 ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 ftp://invisible-island.net/ncurses/5.9/ncurses-5.9-20131207.patch.gz
 patch by Thomas E. Dickey <[email-masked]>
 created  Sun Dec  8 01:49:22 UTC 2013
 ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 NEWS                                      |    7
 dist.mk                                   |    4
 form/form.h                               |    7
 form/frm_driver.c                         |  279 +++++++++++++++++++++++++++-
 ncurses-5.9-20131207/test/form_driver_w.c |  155 +++++++++++++++
 package/debian-mingw/changelog            |    4
 package/debian-mingw64/changelog          |    4
 package/debian/changelog                  |    4
 package/mingw-ncurses.nsi                 |    4
 package/mingw-ncurses.spec                |    2
 package/ncurses.spec                      |    2
 test/modules                              |    3
 test/programs                             |    3
 13 files changed, 460 insertions(+), 18 deletions(-)
 ------------------------------------------------------------------------------

20131207
    + add form_driver_w() entrypoint to wide-character forms library, as
      well as test program form_driver_w (adapted from patch by Gaute
      Hope).

--- End forwarded message ---