Subject: [sup-devel] [PATCH] catch xapian query parser exceptions and display them to the user

From: Michael Stapelberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 15 Feb 2010 19:30:59 +0100

Hi,

a query such as "NOT label:debian" will generate an error in the xapian query
parser. Instead of crashing, the user should see the error message to get his
query right. The attached patch fixes this.

Please note that the appropriate type instead of RuntimeError would be
Xapian::QueryParserError, but the latter is not defined for some reason. A
problem with the xapian ruby bindings?

Best regards,
Michael
_______________________________________________
Sup-devel mailing list
[email-masked]
http://rubyforge.org/mailman/listinfo/sup-devel

---

From: Rich Lane <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 27 Feb 2010 02:46:40 -0500

Applied to master.

---

From: Olly Betts <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 16 Feb 2010 11:10:14 +0000 (UTC)

> problem with the xapian ruby bindings?

Currently Xapian's exception hierarchy isn't wrapped for Ruby.  I suspect my
Ruby skills aren't up to fixing that, though I'm certainly happy to help if
anyone wants to tackle it.

Cheers,
    Olly