Subject: going for 0.13.1 and possibly 0.14?

From: Gaute Hope <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 13 Jun 2013 22:33:28 +0200

Greetings,

as briefly discussed in #75 [1] some adjustments to the original plan should
be made. We were thinking:

  - Release another release in line-0.13 compatible with ruby 1.8 since
    we are starting to diverge in develop now. any efforts in fixing and
    maintaining ruby 1.8 support should be backported to this branch.

  - Work towards a 0.14 release with ruby 1.9 support on 'develop' and not
    necessarily with ruby 2.0 support yet. Already a several fixes have
    been done that have break ruby 1.8 which would be nice to get
    released in not too long.

Any thoughts?

Ruby 2.0: I am currently writing this from the tip of #61,
rmail-to-mail-inital [2]. Having successfully indexed >30k (except 1..)
of highly heterogeneous mails in all kinds of encodings. Tests are now
also working, as well as sending email obviously. Still lots of parts are
incomplete (e.g. no attachments yet..).

The effort to get to a sup with ruby 2.0 support (with maildir-syncback,
Mail - not RMail) has not reached a stable level. But I hope it could
get to a state where it makes sense to include it in a separate branch
in 'origin' so that it gets more available and easier to work against
for everybody.

Regards, Gaute

[1] https://github.com/sup-heliotrope/sup/pull/75
[2] https://github.com/sup-heliotrope/sup/pull/61