Subject: Re: [sup-devel] [PATCH] Bugfix: Don\xe2\x80\x99t call handle\x96added\x96message for old messages with a new location

From: Rich Lane <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 21 Oct 2010 12:19:42 -0400

Applied to master.
_______________________________________________
Sup-devel mailing list
[email-masked]
http://rubyforge.org/mailman/listinfo/sup-devel

---

From: Michael Stapelberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 20 Oct 2010 11:02:43 +0200

Hi,

I finally found out what made messages come up in my inbox again despite being
killed or marked as spam. Quote from the commit message:

    When sup finds a message, it always called handle_added_message which in turn
    invokes add_or_unhide. This is bad, because for killed messages (or marked as
    spam), this would bring the message up in the inbox again. After this commit,
    handle_added_message is only called when the message is either new or an
    existing location of it was updated (to update the labels).
    
    The normal usecase for receiving a message with the same ID is being subscribed
    to a mailing list via two different mail addresses.

Best regards,
Michael