Subject: [sup-devel] [issue57] Request: Flush changes periodically

From: Anirudh Sanjeev <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 28 Jan 2010 20:06:04 +0000

New submission from Anirudh Sanjeev <[email-masked]>:

Can there be an optional functionality to flush changes to disk every 10-15
minutes, instead of having to press $ every time

Rationale: I'm in a place where power cuts are extremely frequent. I keep
forgetting to flush changes manually requiring me to re-delete and archive my
messages every time I reboot and restart sup.

I run sup off of git 'next' head. A patch which will hard-code this
functionality would be fine as well. Alternatively, is there a command I can
call via a cron job to do this?

Thanks!

----------
messages: 142
nosy: anirudhs
priority: feature request
ruby_version: 1.8
status: unread
sup_version: git/next
title: Request: Flush changes periodically

_________________________________________
Sup issue tracker <[email-masked]>
<http://masanjin.net/sup-bugs/issue57>
_________________________________________
_______________________________________________
Sup-devel mailing list
[email-masked]
http://rubyforge.org/mailman/listinfo/sup-devel

---

From: Eric Sherman <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 28 Jan 2010 15:21:54 -0500

> minutes, instead of having to press $ every time

You may want to try these patches:
[PATCHv3] idle and unidle updates [1]
[PATCH] flush index on idle [2]

The first one relays the idle and unidle updates, and the second one will 
actually perform the flush when it gets an idle update.

And you may be interested in this one too:
[PATCHv5] [issue14] poll updates accumulate while idle [3]

I use these and they meet my needs.

[1]: http://rubyforge.org/pipermail/sup-devel/2010-January/000285.html
[2]: http://rubyforge.org/pipermail/sup-devel/2010-January/000274.html
[3]: http://rubyforge.org/pipermail/sup-devel/2010-January/000241.html
_______________________________________________
Sup-devel mailing list
[email-masked]
http://rubyforge.org/mailman/listinfo/sup-devel