Subject: Re: [sup-devel] Playing with heliotrope/turnsole

From: Hamish D <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 9 Oct 2011 21:26:01 +0100

>> So I've started trying to get it to work and put stuff on the wiki -
>> http://sup.rubyforge.org/wiki/wiki.pl?Heliotrope_Sendmail

One thing I wonder - is it possible to import labels from sup somehow?

My mailstore has lots of labels I've added by hand over time and I
wouldn't want to lost that information. (The mailstore I have in mind
is mbox, but I'm sure others would be interested).

Hamish
_______________________________________________
Sup-devel mailing list
[email-masked]
http://rubyforge.org/mailman/listinfo/sup-devel

---

From: Hamish D <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 9 Oct 2011 18:20:36 +0100

Hello

I've finally got around to having a bit more of a play with
turnsole/heliotrope, and I have a few questions that don't appear to
be answered by the README files.

Firstly, I just tried sending an email using turnsole and got a 500,
as heliotrope is expecting a particular sendmail command to work.
Looking through the code I find there is a sendmail hook, but there
doesn't appear to be a --list-hooks command in heliotrope-add or
heliotrope-server, or any documentation for the hooks. So I've started
trying to get it to work and put stuff on the wiki -
http://sup.rubyforge.org/wiki/wiki.pl?Heliotrope_Sendmail - still a
work in progress at the moment, though if anyone has a working hook
for msmtp I'd appreciate it :)

I've also started a wiki page to put general heliotrope/turnsole stuff
- http://sup.rubyforge.org/wiki/wiki.pl?Heliotrope_And_Turnsole

(As an aside I've noticed there's a little wiki vandalism going on,
but currently little enough that the occasional manual check should be
OK.)

Right off to add a few bug reports

Hamish

---

From: William Morgan <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 09 Oct 2011 19:27:48 +0000

> be answered by the README files.

Great! It's still definitely a work in progress, so expect a few rought
edges, but I've been using it fulltime for the past few months.

> heliotrope-server, or any documentation for the hooks.

Yeah, adding a --list-hooks is TBD. Feel free to make an issue to track
this.

> http://sup.rubyforge.org/wiki/wiki.pl?Heliotrope_Sendmail

Awesome. Thank you.
-- 
William <[email-masked]>
_______________________________________________
Sup-devel mailing list
[email-masked]
http://rubyforge.org/mailman/listinfo/sup-devel

---

From: William Morgan <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 09 Oct 2011 21:19:42 +0000

> One thing I wonder - is it possible to import labels from sup somehow?

I'm working on the Sup upgrade process. It's a little complicated
because we need a way to merge multiple sup sources into one, and right
now Heliotrope's LIFO ordering constraint makes that complicated. But
I have a plan.
-- 
William <[email-masked]>
_______________________________________________
Sup-devel mailing list
[email-masked]
http://rubyforge.org/mailman/listinfo/sup-devel