Subject: Re: [sup-devel] Message#text_to_chunks performance

From: Rich Lane <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 04 Nov 2010 12:05:35 -0400

Excerpts from Tero Tilus's message of Thu Oct 28 08:05:33 -0400 2010:
> Is the patch-to-mailinglist still the preferred flow of contribution
> as stated in Wiki?  http://sup.rubyforge.org/wiki/wiki.pl?Contributing

Yes, please send patches to the list.
_______________________________________________
Sup-devel mailing list
[email-masked]
http://rubyforge.org/mailman/listinfo/sup-devel

---

From: Rich Lane <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 23 Dec 2010 13:38:24 -0500

Branch blank-lines-perf, merged to next. I'll merge it to master after
0.12 is released.
_______________________________________________
Sup-devel mailing list
[email-masked]
http://rubyforge.org/mailman/listinfo/sup-devel

---

From: Tero Tilus <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 21 Dec 2010 23:45:14 +0200

And here's (finally) the patch.

--
Tero Tilus ## 050 3635 235 ## http://tero.tilus.net/
_______________________________________________
Sup-devel mailing list
[email-masked]
http://rubyforge.org/mailman/listinfo/sup-devel

---

From: Tero Tilus <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 28 Oct 2010 15:05:33 +0300

Hi,

I ran into an issue with bad behavior of Message#text_to_chunks on
long sequences of blank lines.  Apparently I have and receive quite a
few mails with batshit crazy amounts of blank lines (the worst case
sofar being almost 200 kB worth of linefeeds ... don't ask) in them
and I want to be able to deal with them without needing to leave the
poll running overnight.

I have a naïve fix pushed to my sup fork at github (and gitorius too).

http://github.com/terotil/sup/tree/fix-text_to_chunks-performance

Do you, Rich and William, take in (properly prepared) commits from
github/gitorius forks?

---

From: Rich Lane <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2011 22:12:19 -0500

> Branch blank-lines-perf, merged to next. I'll merge it to master after

Branch blank-lines-perf has been merged to master.
_______________________________________________
Sup-devel mailing list
[email-masked]
http://rubyforge.org/mailman/listinfo/sup-devel