Subject: [sup-devel] [ANN] Sup 0.10 released

From: William Morgan <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 24 Jan 2010 09:44:50 -0500

I'm pleased to announce the release of Sup 0.10. This version is
frickin' awesome because not only do we have Ruby 1.9 support, the
Xapian backend is now the default!  The next version will discard Ferret
like a used rag.

Sup is a console-based email client for people with a lot of email.
It supports tagging, very fast full-text search, automatic contact-
list management, and more. If you're the type of person who treats
email as an extension of your long-term memory, Sup is for you.

Get it: gem install sup
Learn it: http://sup.rubyforge.org
Love it: [email-masked]

Release notes:

The Xapian backend is now the default. Convert your old, crash-prone
Ferret index to Xapian by running sup-convert-ferret-index.

Using a Ferret backend will produce a deprecation notice, and will not be
supported in 0.11.

Many thanks to Rich Lane for Xapian and Ruby 1.9 work.

Excitement in 0.10:

* Make Xapian backend the default, and add deprecation notice to Ferret indexes.
* Now Ruby 1.9 compatible (Xapian backend only).
* Changes are now saved automatically to the index. Pressing "$" now just
  forces a flush of Xapian indexes, which can minimize quit time.
* Fix problem with replying to Google Groups messages.
* Allow toggling of line wrap. Useful for long URLs.
* Multiple attachments can be added at once by specifying a wildcard.
* New command to save all attachments at once.
* As always, many bugfixes and tweaks.

-- 
William <[email-masked]>
_______________________________________________
Sup-devel mailing list
[email-masked]
http://rubyforge.org/mailman/listinfo/sup-devel