Subject: [sup-devel] [issue38] "undefined method `downcase' for nil:NilClass" while polling or sup-sync

From: anonymous <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 30 Dec 2009 03:09:20 +0000

New submission from anonymous:

I tried to add one of my email accounts ans sup-sync crashed on me with this error:

/usr/lib/ruby/vendor_gems/1.8/gems/rmail-1.0.0/lib/rmail/header.rb:537:in
`content_type': undefined method `downcase' for nil:NilClass (NoMethodError)
	from /usr/lib/ruby/vendor_gems/1.8/gems/sup-999/lib/sup/message.rb:438:in
`message_to_chunks'
	from /usr/lib/ruby/vendor_gems/1.8/gems/sup-999/lib/sup/message.rb:438:in `map'
	from /usr/lib/ruby/vendor_gems/1.8/gems/sup-999/lib/sup/message.rb:438:in
`message_to_chunks'
	from /usr/lib/ruby/vendor_gems/1.8/gems/sup-999/lib/sup/message.rb:243:in
`load_from_source!'
	from /usr/lib/ruby/vendor_gems/1.8/gems/sup-999/lib/sup/message.rb:339:in
`build_from_source'
	from /usr/lib/ruby/vendor_gems/1.8/gems/sup-999/lib/sup/poll.rb:163:in
`each_message_from'
	from /usr/lib/ruby/vendor_gems/1.8/gems/sup-999/lib/sup/imap.rb:197:in `each'
	from /usr/lib/ruby/vendor_gems/1.8/gems/sup-999/lib/sup/imap.rb:185:in `upto'
	from /usr/lib/ruby/vendor_gems/1.8/gems/sup-999/lib/sup/imap.rb:185:in `each'
	from /usr/lib/ruby/vendor_gems/1.8/gems/sup-999/lib/sup/util.rb:560:in `send'
	from /usr/lib/ruby/vendor_gems/1.8/gems/sup-999/lib/sup/util.rb:560:in `__pass'
	from /usr/lib/ruby/vendor_gems/1.8/gems/sup-999/lib/sup/util.rb:547:in
`method_missing'
	from /usr/lib/ruby/vendor_gems/1.8/gems/sup-999/lib/sup/poll.rb:157:in
`each_message_from'
	from /usr/lib/ruby/vendor_gems/1.8/gems/sup-999/lib/sup/util.rb:520:in `send'
	from /usr/lib/ruby/vendor_gems/1.8/gems/sup-999/lib/sup/util.rb:520:in
`method_missing'
	from /usr/lib/ruby/vendor_gems/1.8/gems/sup-999/bin/sup-sync:146
	from /usr/lib/ruby/vendor_gems/1.8/gems/sup-999/bin/sup-sync:141:in `each'
	from /usr/lib/ruby/vendor_gems/1.8/gems/sup-999/bin/sup-sync:141
	from /usr/bin/sup-sync:19:in `load'
	from /usr/bin/sup-sync:19

So I just started sup and got this after some time:

--- NoMethodError from thread: poll after loading inbox
undefined method `downcase' for nil:NilClass
/usr/lib/ruby/vendor_gems/1.8/gems/rmail-1.0.0/lib/rmail/header.rb:537:in
`content_type'
/usr/lib/ruby/vendor_gems/1.8/gems/sup-999/lib/sup/message.rb:438:in
`message_to_chunks'
/usr/lib/ruby/vendor_gems/1.8/gems/sup-999/lib/sup/message.rb:438:in `map'
/usr/lib/ruby/vendor_gems/1.8/gems/sup-999/lib/sup/message.rb:438:in
`message_to_chunks'
/usr/lib/ruby/vendor_gems/1.8/gems/sup-999/lib/sup/message.rb:243:in
`load_from_source!'
/usr/lib/ruby/vendor_gems/1.8/gems/sup-999/lib/sup/message.rb:339:in
`build_from_source'
/usr/lib/ruby/vendor_gems/1.8/gems/sup-999/lib/sup/poll.rb:163:in
`each_message_from'
/usr/lib/ruby/vendor_gems/1.8/gems/sup-999/lib/sup/imap.rb:197:in `each'
/usr/lib/ruby/vendor_gems/1.8/gems/sup-999/lib/sup/imap.rb:185:in `upto'
/usr/lib/ruby/vendor_gems/1.8/gems/sup-999/lib/sup/imap.rb:185:in `each'
/usr/lib/ruby/vendor_gems/1.8/gems/sup-999/lib/sup/util.rb:560:in `send'
/usr/lib/ruby/vendor_gems/1.8/gems/sup-999/lib/sup/util.rb:560:in `__pass'
/usr/lib/ruby/vendor_gems/1.8/gems/sup-999/lib/sup/util.rb:547:in `method_missing'
/usr/lib/ruby/vendor_gems/1.8/gems/sup-999/lib/sup/poll.rb:157:in
`each_message_from'
/usr/lib/ruby/vendor_gems/1.8/gems/sup-999/lib/sup/poll.rb:109:in `do_poll'
/usr/lib/ruby/vendor_gems/1.8/gems/sup-999/lib/sup/poll.rb:97:in `each'
/usr/lib/ruby/vendor_gems/1.8/gems/sup-999/lib/sup/poll.rb:97:in `do_poll'
/usr/lib/ruby/vendor_gems/1.8/gems/sup-999/lib/sup/poll.rb:96:in `synchronize'
/usr/lib/ruby/vendor_gems/1.8/gems/sup-999/lib/sup/poll.rb:96:in `do_poll'
/usr/lib/ruby/vendor_gems/1.8/gems/sup-999/lib/sup/util.rb:520:in `send'
/usr/lib/ruby/vendor_gems/1.8/gems/sup-999/lib/sup/util.rb:520:in `method_missing'
/usr/lib/ruby/vendor_gems/1.8/gems/sup-999/lib/sup/modes/poll-mode.rb:15:in `poll'
/usr/lib/ruby/vendor_gems/1.8/gems/sup-999/lib/sup/poll.rb:47:in `poll_with_sources'
/usr/lib/ruby/vendor_gems/1.8/gems/sup-999/lib/sup/poll.rb:62:in `poll'
/usr/lib/ruby/vendor_gems/1.8/gems/sup-999/lib/sup/util.rb:520:in `send'
/usr/lib/ruby/vendor_gems/1.8/gems/sup-999/lib/sup/util.rb:520:in `method_missing'
/usr/lib/ruby/vendor_gems/1.8/gems/sup-999/bin/sup:200
/usr/lib/ruby/vendor_gems/1.8/gems/sup-999/lib/sup.rb:77:in `reporting_thread'
/usr/lib/ruby/vendor_gems/1.8/gems/sup-999/lib/sup.rb:75:in `initialize'
/usr/lib/ruby/vendor_gems/1.8/gems/sup-999/lib/sup.rb:75:in `new'
/usr/lib/ruby/vendor_gems/1.8/gems/sup-999/lib/sup.rb:75:in `reporting_thread'
/usr/lib/ruby/vendor_gems/1.8/gems/sup-999/bin/sup:200
/usr/lib/ruby/vendor_gems/1.8/gems/sup-999/lib/sup/modes/thread-index-mode.rb:669:in
`call'
/usr/lib/ruby/vendor_gems/1.8/gems/sup-999/lib/sup/modes/thread-index-mode.rb:669:in
`__unprotected_load_threads'
/usr/lib/ruby/vendor_gems/1.8/gems/sup-999/lib/sup/modes/thread-index-mode.rb:610:in
`call'
/usr/lib/ruby/vendor_gems/1.8/gems/sup-999/lib/sup/modes/thread-index-mode.rb:610:in
`load_n_threads_background'
/usr/lib/ruby/vendor_gems/1.8/gems/sup-999/lib/sup.rb:77:in `reporting_thread'
/usr/lib/ruby/vendor_gems/1.8/gems/sup-999/lib/sup.rb:75:in `initialize'
/usr/lib/ruby/vendor_gems/1.8/gems/sup-999/lib/sup.rb:75:in `new'
/usr/lib/ruby/vendor_gems/1.8/gems/sup-999/lib/sup.rb:75:in `reporting_thread'
/usr/lib/ruby/vendor_gems/1.8/gems/sup-999/lib/sup/modes/thread-index-mode.rb:608:in
`load_n_threads_background'
/usr/lib/ruby/vendor_gems/1.8/gems/sup-999/lib/sup/modes/thread-index-mode.rb:679:in
`__unprotected_load_threads'
(eval):12:in `load_threads'
/usr/lib/ruby/vendor_gems/1.8/gems/sup-999/bin/sup:200
/usr/bin/sup:19:in `load'
/usr/bin/sup:19

It seems there is some malconstructed message somewhere that produces a nil
pointer while being parsed...I will see if I can find out which one this might be...

----------
messages: 100
nosy: anonymous
priority: bug
ruby_version: ruby 1.8.7 (2009-04-08 patchlevel 160) [i686-linux]
status: unread
sup_version: git
title: "undefined method `downcase' for nil:NilClass" while polling or sup-sync

_________________________________________
Sup issue tracker <[email-masked]>
<http://masanjin.net/sup-bugs/issue38>
_________________________________________
_______________________________________________
Sup-devel mailing list
[email-masked]
http://rubyforge.org/mailman/listinfo/sup-devel