Subject: [sup-devel] helioptrop/turnsol or sup

From: William Morgan <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 28 May 2012 20:51:53 -0700

Excerpts from David Froger's message of 2012-05-27 13:56:32 -0700:
> I'm wondering what is recommanded today for a user, sup or turnsol/heliotrop?

Probably heliotrope/turnsole. Sup is essentially unmaintained at this
point (I'm not working on it, and the anointed maintainers are MIA).
Heliotrope is nominally under active development, though I haven't had
much time for it over the past few months.

> I've tried turnsol/heliotrop. Really great, as sup was.
> I've had some issue with utf-8 (ruby 1.8.7), but I think it can be
> solved with ruby 1.9.3.

Feel free to file a bug on the github issue tracker. There are certain
things we can't quite accomplish in 1.8, but I'd like to get as close as
possible.

> I'm also wondering what's the search syntax for turnsol? Are these
> syntax possible, like with sup:
> before:today, on:today, after:yesterday, after:(2 days ago), during:february

Unfortunately not. You can file a feature request with Whistlepig, but
I can tell you now there are many other things I would like to focus on
first.

-- 
William <[email-masked]>
_______________________________________________
Sup-devel mailing list
[email-masked]
http://rubyforge.org/mailman/listinfo/sup-devel

---

From: David Froger <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 27 May 2012 22:56:32 +0200

Hi,

Is sup still maintained ? (wiki vandalized, 0.13 not released).

Is there something one can do to prevent wiki vandalization? (someone
had spoken about git gollum).

I've also had a look to notmuch, it looks active but not powerfull as sup.
Especially, I didn't find a notmuch frontend that suit to me, and the
syntax for time range
 $(date +%s -d 2009-10-01)..$(date +%s) is really not convenient.

Best,
David