Subject: Re: [sup-devel] Exception

From: Michael Stipicevic <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 1 Oct 2010 00:52:18 -0400

>
> So I guess my index is corrupted in some weird way (probably I managed
> to create two mails with the same docid). I've worked around it by
> commenting
> out the assert, but any idea how to fix my index?
>

Did this happen right after you sent a message? I had to fix this by doing a
dump and rebuilding the index.

- Mike
_______________________________________________
Sup-devel mailing list
[email-masked]
http://rubyforge.org/mailman/listinfo/sup-devel

---

From: "Edward Z. Yang" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 01 Oct 2010 13:13:15 -0400

> dump and rebuilding the index.

Yep. Ouch! Although, I suppose there are worse things in life :-)

Cheers,
Edward

---

From: "Edward Z. Yang" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 30 Sep 2010 15:19:38 -0400

I got the following exception

/home/ezyang/Dev/sup/lib/sup/index.rb:537:in `find_docid'
/home/ezyang/Dev/sup/lib/sup/index.rb:542:in `find_doc'
/home/ezyang/Dev/sup/lib/sup/index.rb:552:in `get_entry'
/home/ezyang/Dev/sup/lib/sup/index.rb:195:in `build_message'
/usr/lib/ruby/1.8/monitor.rb:242:in `synchronize'
/home/ezyang/Dev/sup/lib/sup/index.rb:561:in `synchronize'
/home/ezyang/Dev/sup/lib/sup/index.rb:195:in `build_message'
/home/ezyang/Dev/sup/lib/sup/index.rb:150
/home/ezyang/Dev/sup/lib/sup/index.rb:230:in `call'
/home/ezyang/Dev/sup/lib/sup/index.rb:230:in `load_contacts'
/home/ezyang/Dev/sup/lib/sup/index.rb:150:in `each_id_by_date'
/home/ezyang/Dev/sup/lib/sup/index.rb:245:in `each_id'
/home/ezyang/Dev/sup/lib/sup/index.rb:245:in `each'
/home/ezyang/Dev/sup/lib/sup/index.rb:245:in `each_id'
/home/ezyang/Dev/sup/lib/sup/index.rb:150:in `each_id_by_date'
/home/ezyang/Dev/sup/lib/sup/index.rb:228:in `load_contacts'
/home/ezyang/Dev/sup/lib/sup/util.rb:596:in `send'
/home/ezyang/Dev/sup/lib/sup/util.rb:596:in `method_missing'
/home/ezyang/Dev/sup/lib/sup/buffer.rb:548:in `ask_for_contacts'
/home/ezyang/Dev/sup/lib/sup/util.rb:596:in `send'
/home/ezyang/Dev/sup/lib/sup/util.rb:596:in `method_missing'
/home/ezyang/Dev/sup/lib/sup/modes/compose-mode.rb:25:in `spawn_nicely'
/home/ezyang/Dev/sup/bin/sup:311

Caused by this failed assertion:

  def find_docid id
    docids = term_docids(mkterm(:msgid,id))
    fail unless docids.size <= 1
    docids.first
  end

So I guess my index is corrupted in some weird way (probably I managed
to create two mails with the same docid). I've worked around it by commenting
out the assert, but any idea how to fix my index?

Edward