Subject: Re: [sup-devel] searching by message instead of thread

From: Cameron Matheson <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 16 Nov 2010 16:25:47 -0700

Excerpts from Chris Mason's message of Mon Nov 15 05:21:57 -0700 2010:
> 3) When you hit / to search for text in the thread display, have a key
> for next.
> 
> Do any of these already exist?  If not, which ones seem most likely to
> be acceptable?

You can hit 'n' for the next match when searching.  (Not sure about the
others)

Cam
_______________________________________________
Sup-devel mailing list
[email-masked]
http://rubyforge.org/mailman/listinfo/sup-devel

---

From: Chris Mason <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 15 Nov 2010 07:21:57 -0500

Hi everyone,

The default search setup in sup seems to just pop up the whole thread in
the results, which helps a lot because you can easily find the
related context.

But, I often get stuck on threads that last for weeks and have many many
messages.  It's hard to find the actual messages that match the search.

Three things would help:

1) Toggle between the whole thread and the matching messages in the
thread view
2) Expand just the matching messages and collapse the others
3) When you hit / to search for text in the thread display, have a key
for next.

-chris