Subject: [sup-devel] multi-account setup and other annoyances

From: Patrick Totzke <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 4 May 2011 14:08:52 +0100

Hi all,

It seems I'm having problems posting to this list, so please excuse
my re/doublepost if it comes as a duplicate for you.

Before I start blabbering: Great work on sup so far, for me it seems
this is just the right step towards a prefect MUA!

I'm thinking of switching from my notmuch-mutt setup to sup, but there
are a few things I don't see how to do with sup, particularly setting
up multiple accounts properly:

First off, I use imap in combination with offlineimap in deamon-mode
(autorefresh = 1) to sync my maildir because I want do get informed about
new mails even if sup is not running.

1) okok, I can define multiple accounts together with different sendmail
options in my config.yaml, but how about the ":sent_source:"?
I (and any one of you I guess) want to store send mails in a folder that 
belongs to the account I used for sending. Please tell me I'm wrong and 
this is not a single global option.

2) Draft folders: How do I use this "DraftManager" object? resp.
what do I have to set such that if the "From" header is set, the mail gets
saved in the respective folder (and the draft folder of the default account 
otherwise)?

3) can I use somethin like mutt's "set edit_headers = no"?

4) The index gets locked when sup is running. Is there any possibility
to get query results from "outide"? E.g. are there python/c/ruby/whatnot
bindings or can I invoke a shellcommand that queries the index readonly
without complaining about the lock?
I could imagine that at some point I would want to write some little
awesome/vicious widget that shows some info on my index.

5) Why does repeatedly pressing "U" to search for unread mail keep on
opening new buffers and pressing "I" does not?

That's it for now. Thanks for your help,
/p
_______________________________________________
Sup-devel mailing list
[email-masked]
http://rubyforge.org/mailman/listinfo/sup-devel