Subject: [sup-devel] Simplification of heliotrope usage

From: Matthieu Rakotojaona <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 19 Jan 2013 16:01:22 +0100

Hello everyone,

I've simplified the usability of heliotrope through this pull-request :

https://github.com/sup-heliotrope/heliotrope/pull/1

Basically, to install heliotrope you need to :

1. Install ruby
2. git clone the branch
(https://github.com/sup-heliotrope/heliotrope/tree/usability)
3. Install the bundle gem and run it :
    $ gem install bundle
    $ bundle install
4. run heliotrope :
    $ ruby /path/to/bin/heliotrope-server

This should simplify the management of gems versions (the versions are
checked-in, thus using `bundle install` will install the exact same
version as what I have), the management of paths (everything
heliotrope-related is in $XDG_DATA_HOME/heliotrope, so you don't need
to specify a folder). The other command are also modified, so that you
can simply run

    $ ruby /path/to/bin/heliotrope-import -l <maildir directory>

to import all your mails from a maildir. The README is updated, so you
can read what's up.

I'd really like to push it as fast as possible into the develop branch
because it helps a lot. Feel free to use/test it.

--
Matthieu RAKOTOJAONA
_______________________________________________
Sup-devel mailing list
[email-masked]
http://rubyforge.org/mailman/listinfo/sup-devel