Subject: Re: [sup-devel] gmail limits [was: Heliotrope improving but still found some issues]

From: Hamish D <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 5 Jul 2011 10:32:59 +0100

On 5 Jul 2011 02:53, "Horacio Sanson" <[email-masked]> wrote:
> The second problem is actually not heliotrope problem. Is the artificial
> limitations imposed by Gmail. After running heliotrope-add for some time
it
> would fail when the IMAP fetch returns nil. Just after it failed I tried
to
> use my current email reader (kmail) and got an interesting error saying:
> "exceeded IMAP bandwidth limits". These indicates the nil is due to Gmail
> limiting the maximum bandwidth I can consume downloading emails.
>
> Maybe limiting the rate of gmail-dumper so it reads mails at a lower pace
> would eliminate these problems or simply stop reading emails for some time
> when we get the first nil response.

I would prefer if heliotrope could recognise the IMAP limit exceeded
situation and give a sensible error message - 'gmail won't give any more
messages now, please try again after an hour' or something along those
lines. I got through over 12000 messages before hitting trouble, so people
with smaller accounts may never hit the problem and would like the speed to
be as high as possible.

Hamish Downer
_______________________________________________
Sup-devel mailing list
[email-masked]
http://rubyforge.org/mailman/listinfo/sup-devel