Subject: [sup-devel] [issue118] index.rb:111:`load_index' expects v2 index instead of v4

From: kardan <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 21 Aug 2010 03:39:43 +0000

New submission from kardan <[email-masked]>:

sup.

I am using Claws-Mail at the moment. Most of the work does the automatic
filtering of lists to topic folders. From the leftovers mails which address me
directly are moved to "to me". From there I move manually to either "todo", any
special topic folder or drop them. There even is a "done" folder but I have the
feeling this does not scale and will be replaced by tags someday.

So far I am satisfied, at least as long I can use a computer with a private home
and X.
Some of the time when I travel without a laptop or mobile phone etc. webmail
(roundcube / horde) does the job, but without filterung, which gets quite messy
during longer trips and heaviliy reduces my ability to keep on top of things.

(Mentioning this I tried several console clients (cone, mew, mutt) but somehow
came back to claws which I used before, maybe because of comfortability.)

Switching to sup would mean, to completely skip every other mail client and only
trust in sup. This makes me somehow suspicious as it conflicts with my paradigm
to always keep several ways to archieve things. By the way relyable gpg support
is a must have before I would leave claws.

However I am very confident that I found a roundup ready organizing tool in my
hands to survive even where no X has gone before.

After a friend send me a link to sup and I read the philosophy I
enthusiastically downloaded the source and as it is written in ruby which I was
developing with a bit I was happy, no compilation was necessary.
I wrote a little script[1] to do necessary preparations as I always do, when I
try new software (just in case I wake up with amnesia someday and need to
resetup my tools) and started sup, to read the help.

~/dev/sup> sup
./lib/sup/util.rb:316: warning: `&' interpreted as argument prefix
/usr/lib/ruby/1.8/pathname.rb:263: warning: `*' interpreted as argument prefix
./lib/sup/util.rb:19: warning: method redefined; discarding old gen_lock_id
./lib/sup/util.rb:30: warning: method redefined; discarding old dump_lock_id
./lib/sup/message-chunks.rb:36: warning: method redefined; discarding old
make_tmpname
./lib/sup/message.rb:285: warning: `&' interpreted as argument prefix
./lib/sup/index.rb:553: warning: `&' interpreted as argument prefix
[Sa Aug 21 04:35:04 +0200 2010] Flushing Xapian updates to disk. This may take a
while...

After learning the quite handy list of keystrokes, I was eager to configure my
mailboxes and start the indication process. But:

~/dev/sup> bin/sup-config 
/usr/local/lib/site_ruby/1.8/rubygems/custom_require.rb:31:in
`gem_original_require': no such file to load -- sup (LoadError)
	from /usr/local/lib/site_ruby/1.8/rubygems/custom_require.rb:31:in `require'
	from bin/sup-config:7

Ok then, even being more addicted to apt than gem, I am no beast and ran

~/dev/sup> sudo gem install sup
Building native extensions.  This could take a while...
Building native extensions.  This could take a while...
---------- SNIP ----------

It did, but finally sup-config worked and suggested to do a syndication, which
unfortunately failed

Run sup-sync to import all messages now? (enter for "n"): 
/usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/sup-0.11/lib/sup/index.rb:111:in `load_index': This
Sup version expects a v2 index, but you have an existing v4 index. Please
downgrade to your previous version and dump your labels before upgrading to this
version (then run sup-sync --restore). (RuntimeError)
	from /usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/sup-0.11/lib/sup/index.rb:91:in `load'
	from /usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/sup-0.11/bin/sup-config:221
	from /usr/bin/sup-config:19:in `load'
	from /usr/bin/sup-config:19

I was said as if I had lost a friend and asked myself what I did wrong. There
was no such issue in the community platform, so I decided to add a new one.
After registering I was shocked developer list including their email adresses is
world readable (I was not used that), but decided to continue.

So here you are. I hope you can help and this little story helps as well.

Thanks for this neat peace of software and I wish, that all the needed
development work will be done soon. Maybe I can help.

And please feel free to ask for every detail you need to know.

[1]
# install script for ubuntu / lucid
gems="ncursesw sup"
ruby="rake rubygems libopenssl-ruby libdevel-logger-ruby libtrollop-ruby
libgettext-ruby-util liblockfile-ruby libmime-types-ruby "
ruby18="librmail-ruby1.8 libxapian-ruby1.8"
ncurses="libncurses-ruby libncursesw5-dev libncurses5-dev"
sudo apt-get install $ruby $ruby18 $ncurses
echo "Will install gems $gems"
sudo gem install $gems
mkdir $HOME/.sup # sup complained, that it missed
echo "run sup with: 'ruby -I lib -w bin/sup'" # after installing the sup gem
this no longer is needed

ii  libart2-ruby                                    0.19.3-1ubuntu3            
                    Libart 2 bindings for the Ruby language
ii  libart2-ruby1.8                                 0.19.3-1ubuntu3            
                    Libart 2 bindings for the Ruby language
ii  libatk1-ruby                                    0.19.3-1ubuntu3            
                    ATK bindings for the Ruby language
ii  libatk1-ruby1.8                                 0.19.3-1ubuntu3            
                    ATK bindings for the Ruby language
ii  libcairo-ruby1.8                                1.8.1-1                    
                    Cairo bindings for the Ruby language
ii  libdevel-logger-ruby                            1.2.6-1                    
                    log dumping utility for ruby
ii  libgconf2-ruby                                  0.19.3-1ubuntu3            
                    GConf 2 bindings for the Ruby language
ii  libgconf2-ruby1.8                               0.19.3-1ubuntu3            
                    GConf 2 bindings for the Ruby language
ii  libgdk-pixbuf2-ruby                             0.19.3-1ubuntu3            
                    Gdk-Pixbuf 2 bindings for the Ruby language
ii  libgdk-pixbuf2-ruby1.8                          0.19.3-1ubuntu3            
                    Gdk-Pixbuf 2 bindings for the Ruby language
ii  libgettext-ruby-util                            2.1.0-1ubuntu1             
                    Gettext utilities for ruby (dummy package)
ii  libgettext-ruby1.8                              2.1.0-1ubuntu1             
                    Gettext for ruby1.8
ii  libglade2-ruby                                  0.19.3-1ubuntu3            
                    Libglade 2 bindings for the Ruby language
ii  libglade2-ruby1.8                               0.19.3-1ubuntu3            
                    Libglade 2 bindings for the Ruby language
ii  libglib2-ruby1.8                                0.19.3-1ubuntu3            
                    Glib 2 bindings for the Ruby language
ii  libgnome2-ruby                                  0.19.3-1ubuntu3            
                    GNOME 2 bindings for the Ruby language
ii  libgnome2-ruby1.8                               0.19.3-1ubuntu3            
                    GNOME 2 bindings for the Ruby language
ii  libgnomecanvas2-ruby                            0.19.3-1ubuntu3            
                    GNOME Canvas 2 bindings for the Ruby languag
ii  libgnomecanvas2-ruby1.8                         0.19.3-1ubuntu3            
                    GNOME Canvas 2 bindings for the Ruby languag
ii  libgnomevfs2-ruby                               0.19.3-1ubuntu3            
                    GNOME VFS 2 bindings for the Ruby language
ii  libgnomevfs2-ruby1.8                            0.19.3-1ubuntu3            
                    GNOME VFS 2 bindings for the Ruby language
ii  libgtk-mozembed-ruby                            0.19.3-1ubuntu3            
                    ruby binding of GtkMozEmbed, gecko renderer
ii  libgtk-mozembed-ruby1.8                         0.19.3-1ubuntu3            
                    ruby binding of GtkMozEmbed, gecko renderer
ii  libgtk2-ruby                                    0.19.3-1ubuntu3            
                    GTK+ bindings for the Ruby language
ii  libgtk2-ruby1.8                                 0.19.3-1ubuntu3            
                    GTK+ bindings for the Ruby language
ii  libgtkglext1-ruby                               0.19.3-1ubuntu3            
                    GTK+ GL extension bindings for the Ruby lang
ii  libgtkglext1-ruby1.8                            0.19.3-1ubuntu3            
                    GTK+ GL extension bindings for the Ruby lang
ii  liblocale-ruby1.8                               2.0.5-2                    
                    pure ruby locale library
ii  liblockfile-ruby                                1.4.3-2.1                  
                    create NFS-safe lockfiles
ii  libmime-types-ruby                              1.16-2                     
                    guess MIME type of files
ii  libncurses-ruby                                 1.2.4-2                    
                    ruby Extension for the ncurses C library
ii  libncurses-ruby1.8                              1.2.4-2                    
                    ruby Extension for the ncurses C library
ii  libopengl-ruby                                  0.60.0-0ubuntu3            
                    OpenGL binding for Ruby
ii  libopengl-ruby1.8                               0.60.0-0ubuntu3            
                    OpenGL binding for Ruby
ii  libopenssl-ruby                                 4.2                        
                    OpenSSL interface for Ruby
ii  libopenssl-ruby1.8                              1.8.7.249-2                
                    OpenSSL interface for Ruby 1.8
ii  libpanel-applet2-ruby                           0.19.3-1ubuntu3            
                    GNOME 2 panel applet library bindings for th
ii  libpanel-applet2-ruby1.8                        0.19.3-1ubuntu3            
                    GNOME 2 panel applet library bindings for th
ii  libpango1-ruby                                  0.19.3-1ubuntu3            
                    Pango bindings for the Ruby language
ii  libpango1-ruby1.8                               0.19.3-1ubuntu3            
                    Pango bindings for the Ruby language
ii  libreadline-ruby1.8                             1.8.7.249-2                
                    Readline interface for Ruby 1.8
ii  librmail-ruby1.8                                0.17-1.1                   
                    lightweight mail library for Ruby 1.8
ii  librsvg2-ruby                                   0.19.3-1ubuntu3            
                    RSVG renderer bindings for the Ruby language
ii  librsvg2-ruby1.8                                0.19.3-1ubuntu3            
                    RSVG renderer bindings for the Ruby language
ii  libruby                                         4.2                        
                    Libraries necessary to run Ruby 1.8.x
ii  libruby1.8                                      1.8.7.249-2                
                    Libraries necessary to run Ruby 1.8
ii  libtrollop-ruby                                 1.9-1                      
                    command-line argument processing library
ii  libvte-ruby                                     0.19.3-1ubuntu3            
                    VTE widget bindings for the Ruby language
ii  libvte-ruby1.8                                  0.19.3-1ubuntu3            
                    VTE widget bindings for the Ruby language
ii  libxapian-ruby1.8                               1.0.17-1ubuntu1            
                    Xapian search engine interface for Ruby 1.8
ii  rake                                            0.8.7-1                    
                    a ruby build program
ii  ruby                                            4.2                        
                    An interpreter of object-oriented scripting 
ii  ruby-gnome2                                     0.19.3-1ubuntu3            
                    GNOME-related bindings for the Ruby language
ii  ruby1.8                                         1.8.7.249-2                
                    Interpreter of object-oriented scripting lan
ii  ruby1.8-dev                                     1.8.7.249-2                
                    Header files for compiling extension modules
ii  rubygems                                        1.3.5-1ubuntu2             
                    package management framework for Ruby librar
ii  rubygems1.8                                     1.3.5-1ubuntu2             
                    package management framework for Ruby librar

----------
keyword: index
messages: 274
nosy: kardan
priority: bug
ruby_version: ruby 1.8.7 (2010-01-10 patchlevel 249) [i486-linux]
status: unread
sup_version: gem [sup (0.11)]
title: index.rb:111:`load_index'  expects v2 index instead of v4

_________________________________________
Sup issue tracker <[email-masked]>
<http://masanjin.net/sup-bugs/issue118>
_________________________________________
_______________________________________________
Sup-devel mailing list
[email-masked]
http://rubyforge.org/mailman/listinfo/sup-devel