Subject: Re: [sup-devel] Mail-to-self does not end up in inbox

From: Amadeusz Żołnowski <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 07 Mar 2011 09:27:56 +0100

Excerpts from Hamish's message of Mon Mar 07 00:36:24 +0100 2011:
> Excerpts from Ico Doornekamp's message of Sun Mar 06 18:34:56 +0000 2011:
> > Back in the old days when using mutt, I regularly used to send mails to
> > myself as reminders or short notes. Sup however shows intelligent
> > behaviour, recognizes the message is both sent and received, and
> > attaches a 'sent' label to it, and thus the mail does not show up in the
> > inbox.
> > 
> > Is there a simple workaround for this ? Could this be considered a bug,
> > or is this just functioning as designed ?
> 
> I generally prefer sent email to not show up in the inbox - I try to
> keep my inbox somewhere near zero (though I rarely achieve it ...)
> 
> A work around could be to add the inbox label to sent mail that is just
> to you. In before-add-message.rb you could have something like:
> 
> 
> if message.from.email == "[email-masked]" && message.to.length == 1 && message.to[0].email == "[email-masked]"
>   message.add_label :inbox
> end

Why not have requested behaviour (sent mail in inbox) and hook for
archiving?  E.g. I am usually modyfing labels on sent mail.  And it's
easier to archive sent mail than unarchive it.
-- 
Amadeusz Żołnowski

PGP key fpr: C700 CEDE 0C18 212E 49DA  4653 F013 4531 E1DB FAB5
_______________________________________________
Sup-devel mailing list
[email-masked]
http://rubyforge.org/mailman/listinfo/sup-devel

---

From: Ico Doornekamp <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 07 Mar 2011 07:51:57 +0100

* On Mon Mar 07 00:36:24 +0100 2011, Hamish wrote:
 
> I haven't tested that, so you may want to check your logs if you try
> using it.

Works like a charm. Thanks!

-- 
:wq
^X^Cy^K^X^C^C^C^C

---

From: Steve <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 6 Mar 2011 14:15:29 -0500

This is a bug to me.  Although, if I recall, sup did not used to
behave this way.  So likely someone thought the opposite was a bug.

On Sun, Mar 6, 2011 at 1:34 PM, Ico Doornekamp <[email-masked]> wrote:
> Hi all,
> Thanks,
> Ico

---

From: Hamish <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 06 Mar 2011 23:36:24 +0000

I haven't tested that, so you may want to check your logs if you try
using it. Or you could have a keyword in the subject - [ACTION] maybe -
and have a hook filter for that.

Hamish

---

From: Ico Doornekamp <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 06 Mar 2011 19:34:56 +0100

Hi all,

Thanks,

Ico