Subject: [sup-devel] [issue73] Missing dependency "sup/idle"

From: anonymous <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 27 Feb 2010 13:05:58 +0000

New submission from anonymous:

I'm tracking  mainline/next branch and since yesterday,
more exactly since:

commit 4c49c32ead797518bd96d24ef88391b2b555aecc
Merge: 0acbe14 807fd49
Author: Rich Lane <[email-masked]>
Date:   Sat Feb 27 00:05:17 2010 -0800

    Merge branch 'idle' into next

i am seeing this, when trying to start sup:

$ start-sup
/opt/ruby1.8/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.8/rubygems/custom_require.rb:31:in 
`gem_original_require': no such file to load -- sup/idle (LoadError)
        from 
/opt/ruby1.8/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.8/rubygems/custom_require.rb:31:in `require'
        from ./lib/sup.rb:352
        from 
/opt/ruby1.8/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.8/rubygems/custom_require.rb:31:in 
`gem_original_require'
        from 
/opt/ruby1.8/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.8/rubygems/custom_require.rb:31:in `require'
        from bin/sup:15

I searched around the history and found this commit to introduce the dependency:

commit 920f40d6c5ba04af2e79cf8c5350bb91e00d712f
Author: Eric Sherman <[email-masked]>
Date:   Sat Jan 23 00:42:56 2010 -0500

    idle and unidle updates
    
    Now handled outside of the main thread to accommodate shelling out to
    the editor.
    
    [PATCH] flush index on idle
    and 
    [PATCHv5] [issue14] poll updates accumulate while idle
    will still work with this patch.

I tried the idle branch, but there was no lib/sup/idle.rb either.

Now, I don't know my way around ruby and i am no git guru, so maybe
this is my fault, but my guess is the file has been forgotten to be
added?

Ciao,
 Sven

----------
messages: 180
nosy: anonymous
priority: bug
ruby_version: ruby 1.8.7 (2010-01-10 patchlevel 249) [x86_64-linux]
status: unread
sup_version: 4c49c32ead797518bd96d24ef88391b2b555aecc
title: Missing dependency "sup/idle"

_________________________________________
Sup issue tracker <[email-masked]>
<http://masanjin.net/sup-bugs/issue73>
_________________________________________
_______________________________________________
Sup-devel mailing list
[email-masked]
http://rubyforge.org/mailman/listinfo/sup-devel

---

From: Rich Lane <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 27 Feb 2010 13:00:55 -0500

> this is my fault, but my guess is the file has been forgotten to be

Yep, I forgot to add the file. Sorry about that. Should be fixed now.
_______________________________________________
Sup-devel mailing list
[email-masked]
http://rubyforge.org/mailman/listinfo/sup-devel