Subject: [sup-devel] [issue61] sup crashes if draft file missing

From: Peter Harkins <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 03 Feb 2010 16:06:43 +0000

New submission from Peter Harkins <[email-masked]>:

I started and stopped working on a message a few times and had leftover drafts
in ~/.sup/drafts that I rm'd. Or so I thought - apparently I was still working
on one of those. Now every time I try to open the thread, sup crashes with this
error:

[Wed Feb 03 09:59:44 -0600 2010] ERROR: oh crap, an exception
----------------------------------------------------------------
I'm very sorry. It seems that an error occurred in Sup. Please
accept my sincere apologies. Please submit the contents of
/home/harkins/.sup/exception-log.txt and a brief report of the
circumstances to http://masanjin.net/sup-bugs/ so that I might
address this problem. Thank you!

Sincerely,
William
----------------------------------------------------------------
--- Errno::ENOENT from thread: load messages for thread-view-mode
No such file or directory - /home/harkins/.sup/drafts/22
/home/harkins/.gems/gems/sup-0.10.2/lib/sup/draft.rb:78:in `initialize'
/home/harkins/.gems/gems/sup-0.10.2/lib/sup/draft.rb:78:in `open'
/home/harkins/.gems/gems/sup-0.10.2/lib/sup/draft.rb:78:in `load_message'
/home/harkins/.gems/gems/sup-0.10.2/lib/sup/util.rb:599:in `send'
/home/harkins/.gems/gems/sup-0.10.2/lib/sup/util.rb:599:in `__pass'
/home/harkins/.gems/gems/sup-0.10.2/lib/sup/util.rb:586:in `method_missing'
/home/harkins/.gems/gems/sup-0.10.2/lib/sup/message.rb:242:in `load_from_source!'
/home/harkins/.gems/gems/sup-0.10.2/lib/sup/modes/thread-index-mode.rb:108:in
`select'
/home/harkins/.gems/gems/sup-0.10.2/lib/sup/hook.rb:122:in `each_with_index'
/home/harkins/.gems/gems/sup-0.10.2/lib/sup/thread.rb:68:in `each'
/home/harkins/.gems/gems/sup-0.10.2/lib/sup/thread.rb:170:in `each_with_stuff'
/home/harkins/.gems/gems/sup-0.10.2/lib/sup/thread.rb:168:in `each_with_stuff'
/home/harkins/.gems/gems/sup-0.10.2/lib/sup/thread.rb:170:in `each_with_stuff'
/home/harkins/.gems/gems/sup-0.10.2/lib/sup/thread.rb:169:in `each'
/home/harkins/.gems/gems/sup-0.10.2/lib/sup/thread.rb:169:in `each_with_stuff'
/home/harkins/.gems/gems/sup-0.10.2/lib/sup/thread.rb:67:in `each'
/home/harkins/.gems/gems/sup-0.10.2/lib/sup/modes/thread-index-mode.rb:105:in
`each_with_index'
/home/harkins/.gems/gems/sup-0.10.2/lib/sup/modes/thread-index-mode.rb:105:in
`select'
/home/harkins/.gems/gems/sup-0.10.2/lib/sup/buffer.rb:719:in `say'
/home/harkins/.gems/gems/sup-0.10.2/lib/sup/util.rb:559:in `send'
/home/harkins/.gems/gems/sup-0.10.2/lib/sup/util.rb:559:in `method_missing'
/home/harkins/.gems/gems/sup-0.10.2/lib/sup/modes/thread-index-mode.rb:104:in
`select'
/home/harkins/.gems/gems/sup-0.10.2/lib/sup.rb:77:in `reporting_thread'
/home/harkins/.gems/gems/sup-0.10.2/lib/sup.rb:75:in `initialize'
/home/harkins/.gems/gems/sup-0.10.2/lib/sup.rb:75:in `new'
/home/harkins/.gems/gems/sup-0.10.2/lib/sup.rb:75:in `reporting_thread'
/home/harkins/.gems/gems/sup-0.10.2/lib/sup/modes/thread-index-mode.rb:101:in
`select'
/home/harkins/.gems/gems/sup-0.10.2/lib/sup/modes/thread-index-mode.rb:151:in
`launch_another_thread'
/home/harkins/.gems/gems/sup-0.10.2/lib/sup/modes/thread-index-mode.rb:133:in
`launch_next_thread_after'
/home/harkins/.gems/gems/sup-0.10.2/lib/sup/modes/thread-view-mode.rb:586:in
`dispatch'
/home/harkins/.gems/gems/sup-0.10.2/lib/sup/modes/thread-view-mode.rb:525:in
`archive_and_then'
/home/harkins/.gems/gems/sup-0.10.2/lib/sup/modes/thread-view-mode.rb:512:in
`archive_and_next'
/home/harkins/.gems/gems/sup-0.10.2/lib/sup/mode.rb:51:in `send'
/home/harkins/.gems/gems/sup-0.10.2/lib/sup/mode.rb:51:in `handle_input'
/home/harkins/.gems/gems/sup-0.10.2/lib/sup/buffer.rb:270:in `handle_input'
/home/harkins/.gems/gems/sup-0.10.2/bin/sup:270
/home/harkins/.gems/bin/sup:19:in `load'
/home/harkins/.gems/bin/sup:19

----------
messages: 148
nosy: Harkins
priority: bug
ruby_version: 1.8.6
status: unread
sup_version: 0.10.2
title: sup crashes if draft file missing

_________________________________________
Sup issue tracker <[email-masked]>
<http://masanjin.net/sup-bugs/issue61>
_________________________________________
_______________________________________________
Sup-devel mailing list
[email-masked]
http://rubyforge.org/mailman/listinfo/sup-devel