Subject: [sup-devel] [PATCH] Fix signing of multipart messages

From: Gaudenz Steinlin <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 12 Oct 2010 23:46:19 +0200

Hi

Sup currently crashes when you try to sign a multipart message. This
is fixed by the first patch.

Additionally the signatures created for multipart messages are wrong,
because the incorrect MIME-Version header is stripped before signing
but not when actually constructing the message.

RMail automagically adds these MIME-Version headers on serialization.
This also creates problems on signature verification of signed
multipart messages. 

The second patch addresses these two problems by monkey patching RMail
to no longer automagically add MIME-Version headers. This is not
really elegant, but I could not come up with a better way to avoid the
various side effects on signatures of automatically messing with mail
parts on serialization.

For the monkey patch to be applied the require statements had to be
rearranged so that rmail is included before sup/util.

If someone knows a better fix than monkey patching I would be more
than happy...

Gaudenz

P.S.: Do you rather prefer patches as attachments or inline patches?
--
Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter.
Try again. Fail again. Fail better.
~ Samuel Beckett ~
_______________________________________________
Sup-devel mailing list
[email-masked]
http://rubyforge.org/mailman/listinfo/sup-devel

---

From: Rich Lane <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 13 Oct 2010 21:09:41 -0400

Both patches applied to master.

> P.S.: Do you rather prefer patches as attachments or inline patches?

Either is fine. Inline patches are a little easier to discuss.
_______________________________________________
Sup-devel mailing list
[email-masked]
http://rubyforge.org/mailman/listinfo/sup-devel

---

From: Ben Walton <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 13 Oct 2010 21:41:52 -0400

> Either is fine. Inline patches are a little easier to discuss.

+1 for inline.  format-patch and send-email are excellent tool.!  The
git list is a pleasure because the code is right there to comment on,
etc.

Thanks
-Ben
--
Ben Walton
Systems Programmer - CHASS
University of Toronto
C:416.407.5610 | W:416.978.4302