Subject: Re: [sup-devel] Bug with searching for multiple labels at once

From: Gregor Hoffleit <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 10 Jun 2010 15:05:07 +0200

Indeed, I just noticed that the NewUserGuide.txt is much more up-to-date
than the Wiki (http://sup.rubyforge.org/wiki/wiki.pl?SearchingMail).

As a start, I copied the information from the NewUserGuide to that Wiki
page. Still, somebody who knows better should update that page.
Furthermore, I marked the information in "Testing Xapian" as obsolete in
the Wiki.

Still, it is not clear to me what happens without explicit AND or OR
operator.

"label:somelabel label:anotherlabel" seems to be equivalent to
"label:somelabel OR label:anotherlabel".

"label:ruby-talk subject:\[ANN\]" seem to be equivalent to
"label:ruby-talk AND subject:\[ANN\]".

The Xapian QueryParser documentation (http://xapian.org/docs/queryparser.html)
is not clear about this either.

Regards,
    Gregor Hoffleit
_______________________________________________
Sup-devel mailing list
[email-masked]
http://rubyforge.org/mailman/listinfo/sup-devel