Subject: Re: [sup-devel] Sign and encrypt

From: Hamish <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 22 May 2011 22:34:31 +0100

Excerpts from Paul Grove's message of Mon May 16 22:56:56 +0100 2011:
> But when I sign _and_ encrypt my emails come out only encrypted!
>
> I only noticed because I post to a mailing list that requires sign and
> encrypt in order to post.
>
> I know this problem never used to exist as I've posted on the list
> before without issue.  I've taken the emails produced by sup and run
> them through gpg and that shows as not signed also.

Interesting. I wrote the code to start using gpgme, and it's been
working fine for me. I also am on an email list that requires emails to
be signed and encrypted (using scheuder[0]) and my emails are accepted
there.

With the way I've been using gpgme the signature is embedded within the
signed text, so looking at the encrypted email you just see a single
block. However saving the email and running gpg against it reports that
the email is both encrypted and signed for me.

As to which version you are using, if you were on the master branch then
you shouldn't have any of the gpgme stuff, and if you have the latest
from the "next" branch then you should have the same as me.

If you check you have the latest from the "next" branch and still can't
generate a signed and encrypted email, then feel free to send me a
signed and encrypted email using sup, and I'll pull it apart at my end.

Hamish Downer

[0] http://schleuder2.nadir.org/
_______________________________________________
Sup-devel mailing list
[email-masked]
http://rubyforge.org/mailman/listinfo/sup-devel

---

From: Paul Grove <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 16 May 2011 22:56:56 +0100

Hi I hope you guys can help me, recently I pulled the latest changes to
sup.

It took me a while - but I've noticed that I have problems when signing
and encrypting.

When I sign my emails are signed.
When I encrypt my emails are encrypted.

I had a look at the code, unfortunately I'm not well versed in ruby. I
cannot see for certain if there is a problem.

I can see that when signing the code produces a signature and attaches
it to the email, but when encrypting and signing it doesn't jump through
this hoop of adding any sort of attachment and instead an extra parameter 
:sign => true is passed to pgpme when doing the encryption.

Now completely off the top of my head but wasnt it a fairly recent
change to start using pgpme? I seem to remember some discussion on
changing to it, and perhaps the version I was using is prior to this?

Thanks,

Paul Grove