Subject: [sup-devel] [issue60] Crash on sending a newly composed message (ASCII-8BIT regexp with UTF-8 string)

From: anonymous <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 02 Feb 2010 22:02:59 +0000

New submission from anonymous:

It seems that when I compose a new message and try to send it sup crashes with 
this error. I had it on two ocassions today. I don't even remember what the 
first mail was about, the information is simply lost. The second case is 
reproducable. Replying seems to work fine.

$ sup
which: no gpg in 
(/bin:/usr/bin:/sbin:/usr/sbin:/opt/kde/bin:/usr/bin/perlbin/site:/usr/bin/perlb
in/vendor:/usr/bin/perlbin/core:/opt/qt/bin)
[2010-02-02 22:53:10 +0100] ERROR: oh crap, an exception
----------------------------------------------------------------
I'm very sorry. It seems that an error occurred in Sup. Please
accept my sincere apologies. Please submit the contents of
/home/murks/.sup/exception-log.txt and a brief report of the
circumstances to http://masanjin.net/sup-bugs/ so that I might
address this problem. Thank you!

Sincerely,
William
----------------------------------------------------------------
--- Encoding::CompatibilityError from thread: main
incompatible encoding regexp match (ASCII-8BIT regexp with UTF-8 string)
/usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.9.1/gems/sup-0.10.1/lib/sup/modes/edit-message-
mode.rb:205:in `match'
/usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.9.1/gems/sup-0.10.1/lib/sup/modes/edit-message-
mode.rb:205:in `match'
/usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.9.1/gems/sup-0.10.1/lib/sup/modes/edit-message-
mode.rb:205:in `mime_encode_address'
/usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.9.1/gems/sup-0.10.1/lib/sup/modes/edit-message-
mode.rb:374:in `block in build_message'
/usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.9.1/gems/sup-0.10.1/lib/sup/modes/edit-message-
mode.rb:369:in `each'
/usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.9.1/gems/sup-0.10.1/lib/sup/modes/edit-message-
mode.rb:369:in `build_message'
/usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.9.1/gems/sup-0.10.1/lib/sup/modes/edit-message-
mode.rb:322:in `send_message'
/usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.9.1/gems/sup-0.10.1/lib/sup/mode.rb:51:in `handle_input'
/usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.9.1/gems/sup-0.10.1/lib/sup/buffer.rb:270:in `handle_input'
/usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.9.1/gems/sup-0.10.1/bin/sup:270:in `<module:Redwood>'
/usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.9.1/gems/sup-0.10.1/bin/sup:64:in `<top (required)>'
/usr/bin/sup:19:in `load'
/usr/bin/sup:19:in `<main>'

----------
files: exception-log.txt
messages: 147
nosy: anonymous
priority: bug
ruby_version: 1.9.1_p378
status: unread
sup_version: 0.10.1
title: Crash on sending a newly composed message (ASCII-8BIT regexp with UTF-8 string)

_________________________________________
Sup issue tracker <[email-masked]>
<http://masanjin.net/sup-bugs/issue60>
_________________________________________

_______________________________________________
Sup-devel mailing list
[email-masked]
http://rubyforge.org/mailman/listinfo/sup-devel