Subject: [sup-devel] [issue99] persistent crash with "wrong id called on nil"

From: Ben Walton <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 06 May 2010 14:14:49 +0000

New submission from Ben Walton <[email-masked]>:

This one is driving me nuts.  I'm not able to determine which message 
(threadset) causes it yet.  Sometimes I can run for a few minutes, view 
messages, etc.  The next time, sup crashes almost immediately after startup.

This started with a crash last night (random after running for days).  I 
couldn't get sup to restart.  I ended up hosing my index...I've now rebuilt it 
and while I can run sup again, the crashes continue.

Ideas?  This is going to be long day...

Thanks
-Ben

--- RuntimeError from thread: load threads for thread-index-mode                
wrong id called on nil
./sup.rb:17:in `id'
./sup/modes/thread-index-mode.rb:234:in `update'
./sup/hook.rb:123:in `sort_by'
./sup/modes/thread-index-mode.rb:234:in `each'
./sup/modes/thread-index-mode.rb:234:in `sort_by'
./sup/modes/thread-index-mode.rb:234:in `update'
./sup/modes/thread-index-mode.rb:232:in `synchronize'
./sup/modes/thread-index-mode.rb:232:in `update'
./sup/modes/thread-index-mode.rb:652:in `__unprotected_load_n_threads'
(eval):12:in `load_n_threads'
./sup/modes/thread-index-mode.rb:624:in `load_n_threads_background'
./sup.rb:77:in `reporting_thread'
./sup.rb:75:in `initialize'
./sup.rb:75:in `new'
./sup.rb:75:in `reporting_thread'
./sup/modes/thread-index-mode.rb:623:in `load_n_threads_background'
./sup/modes/thread-index-mode.rb:694:in `__unprotected_load_threads'
(eval):12:in `load_threads'
./sup/modes/thread-index-mode.rb:89:in `initialize'
./sup/modes/line-cursor-mode.rb:22:in `call'
./sup/modes/line-cursor-mode.rb:22:in `initialize'
./sup/modes/line-cursor-mode.rb:22:in `each'
./sup/modes/line-cursor-mode.rb:22:in `initialize'
./sup/modes/line-cursor-mode.rb:19:in `new'
./sup/modes/line-cursor-mode.rb:19:in `initialize'
./sup/modes/thread-index-mode.rb:60:in `initialize'
./sup/modes/inbox-mode.rb:14:in `initialize'
../bin/sup:193:in `new'
../bin/sup:193

----------
messages: 223
nosy: bwalton
priority: bug
ruby_version: 1.8.5
status: unread
sup_version: next
title: persistent crash with "wrong id called on nil"

_________________________________________
Sup issue tracker <[email-masked]>
<http://masanjin.net/sup-bugs/issue99>
_________________________________________
_______________________________________________
Sup-devel mailing list
[email-masked]
http://rubyforge.org/mailman/listinfo/sup-devel